Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 8, 2011

A chance to participate in FOR

So I have been giving you Colombia, and specifically Community Related, information on this blog for the past year. It has been sporadic, and some better than others, but I have earnestly wanted to do this to try and involved the people I care about most in the work that I have come to love to do. Hopefully, it has been satisfying for some of you.

Anyway, FOR has just launched this fund-raising campaign to celebrate both the 15 anniversary of he Peace Community of San Jose de Apartado's struggle for an alternative reality to the violence that surrounds them as well as the 10 year anniversary of FOR's presence in their processes. It is a big deal for us as the last decad of working together has been something quite similar to a marriage. As I go through reading he historical documents (my job right now is to index 10 yeasr of communications and reports) I am struck at how long it takes two groups of people from very different backgrounds to build a relationship truly based on mutual respect, trust and solidarity. FOR has accomplished that, but as the violence arround the community is far from over, so is our job here far from done.

So to celebrate this occasions as well as get us ready to be here for as long as it takes, I am reaching out to you girls, all of whom I know are very socially conscientious and close to me. Chek out the website www.imforfor.org. If you can't donate, no worries. Go to the bottom of the page and become a member of FOR for free to receive the news letters, action alerts and Latin Amercan updates.

Whatever you can do, it will help. Also, equally as important, please shoot me a quick update and let me know where you are in life.

Also, spread the word. If you cant donate now, pass this on to someone who can!

Hope to talk to you all soon
Love Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment