Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Last weekend was one of those weekends where place and people combined to create a moment where you cant imagine being more comfortable.

We had planned the trip in September, when my friend Johanna and I were camping with some friends of hers and we were all commenting on how much we loved camping, but how rarely we did it.

Two months passed and despite being certain that his plans was going to go the way of most well intentioned plans made amongst people will a million commitments; I was sure it wasnt going to happen.

Lo and behold, hours after sending a reminder message, Johanna had suggested a place and Anita, Isaac, Mika and Juanita had all committed to going.

We ended up going to Villa de Leyva in Boyaca, a 4 hour trip north east of Bogota. It was rainy, it was cold and it was by most objective measures pretty shitty weather. However, me being the cold, damp weather person that I am, thought that the Grey skies contrasted with he green mountains serving as a background for the town of all white buildings was pretty damn gorgeous.

So we spent the weekend walking through the woods, seeing ponds turned a milky green-blue by the excess of copper sulfate and wondering how a place that receives so much rain can look so arid in some places.

The nights were spent drinking aguardiente, playing pool and then moving to the plaza where we enjpyed making a bit of a scene playing various games that adults dont normally play. It was one of he more fun nights I have had.

Anyway, here are a few pictures of the weekend. I didnt have my camera, but these are from Mika and I am hoping that Johanna and Anita get theirs up soon.



From left to right: MIka, Anita, Isaac, Juanita, me. In front of the water fall we discovered.


One of the streets of Villa de Leyva


Anita and I walking up to the mountain path


Another street


the first brook we found on the mountain hike. I thought it was the coolest thing...until I walked a little further.


Mika with Villa de Leyva in the background


Isaac with Villa de Leyva in the background


Johanna and me on the way to the mountain


the hidden waterfall I found looking for a place to pee without falling off the cliff.


Mika and Isaac enjoying the perfect mushroom from Mario Kart


Town center

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a perfect weekend.....love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete